Friday, February 3, 2012

Where'd All the Good People Go?!

I typically try not to use this blog for venting. But at this moment, I must. Or else I'll probably go cry in my bed and not get anything done the rest of the day.

I hate Winco. I seriously do. My mom used to tell me that she hated going to Winco and I just thought it was a preference thing. No, Mother, I totally understand and I stand behind you 100%. Normally, I am a Smith's shopper all the way. BUT, with baby on the way and my job coming to a close, I decided to try and save a buck or two here and there. So I thought I'd try out Winco. Big mistake.

So, I walk through the huge, big store not knowing where anything is and checking prices every so carefully as I shop. That takes quite a while. So I'm already getting really tired and feeling like it's time to go. Then, I decided to buy one of those 24 packs of bottled water because it was cheap and I hate Utah water. So I lifted it just fine, put it on the bottom of my cart just fine, and then tried to push it farther into the cart with my leg. Dear HEAVENS. Groin muscles are not the same on 8 month pregnant me as they were on regular me. I cursed. It hurt so bad.

So now I'm practically limping to the checkout. It's Friday morning, so there's not tons of people in the store, so there is only 1 check stand open. How stupid is that? If there is only 1 open, then EVERYONE has to go to it. So, that check stand is obviously very busy. Anyway. I load all my stuff onto the belt. Which mind you, is no easy task. At this point, I had to take my jacket off because I'm sweating and out of breath. Then, I have to RACE down to the other end of the belt and catch my groceries and begin to BAG THEM MYSELF. Are you serious? Normally, this wouldn't bug me so bad. BUT, I looked around. And there are Winco employees standing around everywhere! Just chit chatting and laughing. One even came over to me and picked something off of the floor next to me. Hello MISTER... I'm CLEARLY 8 months pregnant and STRUGGLING!

Halfway through my struggle of bagging my groceries, I have to pay the lady. I slide my credit card. She proceeds to tell me what they do not take credit cards. Only debit, cash, and check. I seriously almost cried. I began the fear the worst. All of this work for nothing?? Luckily, I dug around in my purse and my checkbook was in there.

So, I pay her and before I can even get the receipt in my purse, she is scanning the next person's groceries. Do you understand what that means?? Now THEY need to bad their groceries and mine are still all in the way! So I race back down, start throwing stuff in bags, but I'm not fast enough. She gets done checking the lady behind me and I have now stalled the whole line. Everyone is standing there LOOKING AT ME, waiting for me to bag my groceries so that they can check out too.

This is what's going on in my head at this point: IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY. GET YOUR SORRY TUSHIES OVER HERE AND LIFT THESE HEAVY WATERS INTO THE CART FOR ME. HELP ME BAG MY GROCERIES. SOMETHING!!!! So you know what I did instead? I took my sweet time. I decided that I had no reason to hurry. So I didn't.

Just to top it all off, I was walking out at the same time as a Winco employee. My cart was so heavy that it was pulling me to my car. But did he offer to help me. noooooo.

Moral of the story. Winco Sucks. Smith's Rocks. They always help me. And if you see a struggling pregnant lady. Good heavens, HELP HER!

Thank you for your patience and listening ear. I must now go put away those groceries, rid my mind of this memory, and get ready to see all my favorite people this weekend :)

12 comments:

Michael said...

sorry about your luck, the good news is, its all over! good job!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ha ha ha I LOVED this post!! I was cracking up the whole time because I TOTALLY know what you mean and I was just imagining it all! I wish you would have asked me to go with you! I would have totally helped you life those heavy water bottles and bagged your groceries! NO PROBLEM! Where have all the good people gone?! SHEESH!! That is stressful! I'm really sorry you had that experience.

I have to comment on the pregnant lady GROIN! AHHHH!!!! Ohhhhh my gosh! That was my BIGGEST complaint at the end of my pregnancy!! It KILLED!! I feel for ya!! I can't wait for tomorrow!!!! YAYYY!!!! Love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I mean LIFT! Not LIFE! ha

Kate Curtis said...

Love Winco! But bagging while your pregnant is the worst. And I had to leave the store before because I only brought my credit card. Super embarrassing. But give it another chance when you aren't pregnant.

Josh and Lauren said...

Dang girl. I'm surprised you didn't just say something to all the rude peeps!!! Sorry girl!

Melanie said...

Ooh, so how much trouble do I get in for saying that I shop at Winco? It is a lot of work though. And I always feel rushed when I am bagging. Any decent person would have helped you though. Seriously. I agree with your friend that said try it again sometime. Maybe it will be even more fun with a BABY in the cart!!

Melanie said...

Oh, PS. Wish I was coming to the shower and wish I had been invited....I'm crying now.

Carol said...

LOL! Sorry you had to go through that but now you know what I mean. It's like anything else, some people love it and some hate it. I'm spoiled.

I like the advice to give it another try sometime when you have Michael along to help.

Have fun tomorrow!! I'm sad to miss out.

Chad and Jessica said...

What a terrible experience. so SORRY! I love Winco, because when we lived in Lapine, the closest one was 2 hours away, and the only grrocery stores around there were a HUGE RIP OFF and you STILL had to bag your own groceries! I would plan out our meals, and then go to get my ingredients only to find that a stinkin red pepper was $2...I almost cried once because I missed winco prices so bad. But man, whenever I go to grocery outlet, I'm in heaven cuz they bag for you!

Courtenay Beth said...

hahaha, I'm giggling a little bit about your predicament! Sorry! I actually like bagging my own groceries, the morons at Walmart are always putting dumb things together like frozen juice with my bread?! And Ice cream with my chips, lotion with my cilantro...I also hate when they bag like 2 small items per bag, and I am left with a bazillion bags, I like to bag my own and consolidate...now for the crazies who didn't help you...I hope they are judged for that one day! And I don't get why if there were workers standing around, why they didn't just open another cashier, I HAAAAAATE that! Not cool. Sorry boutcher groin...tender.

So excited for tomorrow! It's gonna be SUUUUUUCH A BLAST!!!

Erica and Spencer said...

Aww I'm sorry Jenni! I had a great experience at WinCo a few weeks ago when Landon was screaming as I was checking out. I kept apologizing and as I got down to bag my groceries the sweet lady in line behind me (with the two cutest boys) came down and asked if I needed some help. Her boys were bagging their groceries on the other side of the register and she went ahead and bagged my groceries as I calmed Landon.

There are still good people out there.

Emily said...

Yea you need a buddy when you go to winco...to help bag groceries. Sorry you had such a horrible experience, but smiths is better anyway so just stick with them.

I would have totally cried, too btw.