Friday, April 13, 2012

1 Month Old!


Our little Lo Bug princess is 1 month old today! She got to wear both of her special outfits from Aunt Emily and Aunt Steph :) I absolutely cannot believe it has been a month. All day I've been thinking about what we were doing exactly 1 month ago. We were just getting to know each other. Now we're best friends. Harlow is a great baby. She is growing too fast! At our last doctor visit, which was last week, she weighed 9 lbs and 13 oz. She is a growing girl! She is on an awesome day time schedule. She eats, plays, and then naps. Over and over all day. She is really good during the day. I am starting to feel accomplished every day. I get a shower, tidy up the house, prepare dinner, and have time to play with my baby. I hope that lasts! And of course, every now and again there is still an off day. She does pretty well at night. Every night is still different, but for the most part, she gives me one good long 4 hour stretch and then another short stretch. I think she's gowing through a growth spurt right now though. Last night she woke up every 3 hours on the dot to eat, so I didn't sleep much. Michael is insanely helpful. He always makes sure that I feel rested. That way, Harlow and I have very happy days together.

She is starting to wiggle a lot more. She kicks and waves her arms all around. Which means that she has begun to be a wiggly eater... not cool! Michael and I are truly in love with her. Every day when we are hanging out together in the evening, we both just talk about how dang cute she is! We feel that we've been really blessed with patience. Having a baby is difficult, but we truly love it and we're enjoying every day.

This month has gone by so fast! She is getting too big already! We can't wait to keep watching her grow.

We love you soooooo much Harlow!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Burks est. 2008 said...

she is adorable!! those outfits are the cutest:)

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Precious little babe!!! I can't believe it's already been one month! WHAT?!?! I thought about that when I woke up this morning! ha ha We are SO glad she is here!! We love that little darling!!!!

Danielle said...

She is SOOOOO CUTE! It's crazy its' been a month. I swear it was like...last week?

Megan and Greg said...

She is so cute. I don't even have to lie to you. Not all newborns are the cutest, but Harlow totally IS! That hair! That chub! Love her little outfits. I can't believe you are showering AND making dinner, only after a month. Who are you? I don't even get all that done still. I DEFINITELY never did that until Scarlet was like 4 months old. And she was a good baby! It sounds like she's an awesome sleeper. I swear, that's all the difference. The more sleep you get, the better everything else seems to go. That's awesome. I bet it will keep. Enjoy it, it really goes SO FAST. Too fast.

Emily said...

She looks like she's ready for a workout, ha ha. She's so freaking cute!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Cute post and I'm with you, it has gone by way to fast but the good part about that is that soon she will be HERE!!! We are getting very anxious. Such cute outfits on such an adorable girl. Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

Cute post and I'm with you, it has gone by way to fast but the good part about that is that soon she will be HERE!!! We are getting very anxious. Such cute outfits on such an adorable girl. Love you!