Sunday, February 8, 2009

Student Living, Sledding, and Stomach Aches

Student Living is a new program here at school. It is replacing the RA system that we used to have in housing. And I am so blessed to be a student director in this organization. I LOVE IT! It is all about establishing an environment of righteous living within the apartments. I'm so thankful to be a part of it. Brother Dougherty and Sister Jacobson, our advisors, are so wonderful. And the other directors are fantastic! I really enjoy it and we have a lot of fun. We competed in the Spirit Cup Challenge! It's a relay between student-led organizations. Outdoor activities won.... they were totally in their element, dang it! We like to say that if there was a competition on how to have a happy apartment, we would have dominated! Anyway, it was a blast. And we went sledding afterwards and ice skating. I hadn't ice skated in YEARS! It was so fun! And sledding is my new favorite thing!!!! I've gone a couple of times this semester and it's SO SO FUN! I want to go every weekend!

This is some of us directors... but not quite all of us.

My amazingly faithful roomies who came to watch!
This semester is proving to be wonderful! I'm having so much fun. Granted, my schoolwork is suffering... but I figure it's worth it! There have been some minor complications... but it's all good :) I've been having deattthhhhh stomach aches lately, but I feel like they're slowly going away... so let's all keep our fingers crossed!! The Doctor is helping me get this all figured out!
And I just love this one of Steph and I at Big Judds :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Sledding is super fun, but I was always afraid I was going to die.

I'm glad student living is so fun...who cares if your schoolwork suffers, it's your last semester...live it up! This coming from your older, yet much less studious sister.

Danielle said...

Oh goodness, we live on the way to Big Judd's. If you ever go again you need to call me because you could stop by my house! Clay and I want to go sledding...and take Clay's sister too- we just don't really know where to go. You should definitely let me know what's up with it! I'm glad things are going so well with you- I hope your stomach gets better! Yikes! That's not good. Well you are beautiful as always! I love you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Jen, LOVE the pics! I wanna go sledding with you really bad!!! We need to go before i leave this town!!! I'm leaving in less thatn 20 days! SAD!!!!! Anyway, i need to see you soon because i miss you A LOT!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Cute pictures and I am glad you are having such a great time with all that you are involved with, I agree with Em, live it up!

Hope you feel better soon.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Ok- what the ehck is going on with your stomach. are you barfing? bloody diahriah? stomach pains? cramps? gas? what? You need to go into detail with this. I hope you are able to down some food. I know how awful it is to eat when you're not feeling well. I love you, I hope you figure out what is wrong.

Jill said...

I'm so glad to hear you are having fun playing and not stressing school too much. Except for those stomach aches. That sounds awful!

Sledding really is the best in Rexburg!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.