Tuesday, September 22, 2009

From Bad to Worse

I was going crazy. Itching all of the time. My legs, face, neck, chest, sometimes arms. I have tried EVERYTHING... got new laundry soap and washed everything, went back to soy milk, stopped exercising, called my dermotologist, Michael gave me a blessing, and took benedryl up the wazoo. Finally, I took the advice of my wise mother (once again... ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER), and I saw a doctor. I told her about my hives. She looked at my legs and goes... "ohhhh, umm, that is too big for a cream, uhh it looks like folliculitis." And that it is. An infection, STAPH INFECTION UHHHH, in my hair follicles causing them to itch TERRIBLY! So, naturally, I scratch them, which causes hives. Joy.
Can you see the little red bumps everywhere? They look harmless, but ITCH LIKE THE DICKENS!!!!

All over my body. Freakin sick!So... ta daaaaa... more drugs than anybody should ever take. 1 zyrtec a day, benedryl cream on real bad outbreak spots, 3 antibiotics a day, and a nice oatmeal bath tonight. PLEASE cross your fingers that this goes away! The doc said to give it a week. If there is no change, I will be seeing an Allergist.Poor Michael. I'm pretty sure all I ever say is "I'm Itchy". He says... "Hello Itchy". hahahaha, he has been SO good to me through all of it. Bless his heart! He tries to keep me from scratching by distracting me. He's so kind :) Anyway, that's the update! I'll let ya know how this current treatment goes!

9 comments:

LeAnn said...

Here is a little advice from your "second Mom"-- roll up a clean,dry wash cloth (or a towel for larger areas) and pull it GENTLY over the itchy areas--it soothes the itch without your fingers or nails spreading germs! Also try cool wet towels to get the inflamasion down.
Hope you feel better soon! love you!!

Emily said...

Ugh, that sounds miserable. I'm glad you went to the dr and figured out what it was though. Take your meds and get lots of rest!

Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Ok, now that is very interesting! You have it WAY worse than me, but I wonder if I have it too? Hmmm . . . I am going to doctor tomorrow and didn't think to ask about my legs, I've just decided I'm going to have to scratch myself for the rest of my life. Hmm . . . well, I'm excited for you to get better!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh that sounds awful! I am so sorry! I hope teh meds make it go away- love you!

rose said...

oh that is awful! i'm so sorry. g has eczema that flares up, and it's a nightmare trying to get him to not scratch. at least you have michael to "distract" you (nudge nudge wink wink!). don't know if it would help but Curel just came out with a lotion just for eczema that helps stop the itch. so far it's totally working on g and clearing up the flares. it's called itch relief or something like that. hope the meds work!

and i have to say that you are so cute that i want to barf every time i look at your blog. and i mean that in the best way possible.
:)

Carol and Bruce said...

Thank goodness for Michael because it's hard not being there to care for you myself. Tell him you are not always this high maintenance. It's been a rough month for you, I hope you aren't allergic to marriage:)

Kelly and Tyler said...

HORSE PILL my goodness!!!!! Hang in there, it will get better. I am sorry you are miserable :( lots of love

Jill said...

Eww. Sounds awful. So much new stuff to adjust to for you! Take it easy and Michael, keep up the good work.

Melanie said...

Yikes Jenni! That is no fun! Maybe you are allergic to Utah?! Hope you are feeling better!