Thursday, May 19, 2011

Another Giant Sigh of Relief

HE GOT IN!

Michael received an Email today congratulating him on his acceptance to the BYU Masters of Accountancy Program. YAY!! Can I just brag for a sec? Thanks. I am SO proud of him! Michael works so very hard. He did well fall semester, but according to his standards, not well enough. So, he made a goal to excel this last semester and he did just that. He gets up every morning with a smile on his face and tells me about what he gets to learn in class that day. Then, after a long day of class, study groups, work, and studying, he comes home again with a smile on his face and tells me about what project he gets to work on. Then, he eats and proceeds to study more until 11 pm- 12 am ish. This was his daily routine. While at the same time, some how managing to always make me feel included and special. Always spending time with our friends. And always magnifying his church calling. Who is this man and where does he get this energy!?

We were talking today about how we can't believe we're here. Michael is a grad student. He's studying what he loves and making steps to begin his dream career (as weird as it is that anyone dreams to be an accountant). We feel magnificently blessed. Michael told me today that he is learning to be prepared for whatever outcome the Lord has in store for him and that trust in the Lord is proving to show serious blessings. We feel very thankful for the chance Michael has to receive this fabulous education and we're so excited for what's coming!

I don't have words to express how lucky I feel. I always knew Michael had some really special qualities, and those are showing more than ever. Having a motivated, determined husband is honestly the best gift a wife could ask for.

Thanks for letting me brag. Thanks for listening :)

10 comments:

*Stephanie Lance* said...

YAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! GOod Job Michael!!! That is so exciting! He DOES work hard!! Good for him! That IS the best to have such a hard working husband! Feels so good! I am SOOOO Happy and excited for you guys!! Such a great news! And it means that you will be here longer!! YAY for us!!! :) Love you guys!!!

Anessa said...

YAYYY!!! I am so dang happy! Now I really need to move to Utah so I can hang out with you guys just a little bit longer :)

Danielle said...

That's so great! Congrats! You guys are so righteous and good. You deserve everything you are getting! I'm soo happy for you both. Love you:)

Emily said...

YAY MICHAEL!!!!! So proud of him too!

Can I just say that it is AWESOME that he loves what he's doing. That will be more of a blessing in your life than you can even imagine.

Such great news, and now you get to go to oregon, YAY!!

Love you guys!

Mal said...

Yeay! That is great news. I've learned that these Woodmansees can be real go-getters--Michael maybe most of all! But I guess this means it will be a while before you succumb to settling in Texas with the rest of us. That's cool. I guess we can let you finish school first. :-) Seriously though, congrats!

Michael said...

Hah, i feel honored to have a whole post dedicated to me, thank you babe, but i mean really i am not that extraordinary, I just try really hard to get what I want. (thats why i got you =] ). Amber, I have seen Bill be a go-getter I credit my skills to his example.
PS congrats on your house, cant wait to check it out!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

i just painted my nails- so this has to be quick- ha. BUT- i wanted to say- I'm so happy for the both of you. And you are right, you are very lucky to have a determined motivated hard working husband. It is hard to find those in these days- I've met alot of lazy ones. That sounds awful, but it's true! I'm so glad that he still finding time to spend with you amongst all the busyness. And I'm so happy he got in! What a blessing. love you!

Josh and Lauren said...

This really is just so so so so exciting! Congrats to Michael!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

So happy about the news and know that Michael will continue to do well. I'm sorry that he doesn't get much of a break this Summer but maybe it will seem like a break being in a different place working just as hard.

Can't wait for your visit!!

AMEN on the subject of husbands that love what they do. Even if it means long hours, if they love it that is everything.

Jill said...

Brag away! That is GREAT news! Congrats!