Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello Oregon

Mr. Harlan Masias. I finally got to meet my great-nephew, Harlan. He is precious! Tina had a baby shower for Cierra, Michael, and Harlan and we made it to Oregon just in time to make it. I am so thankful we could go. This little guy is the strongest little fighter I've ever seen. He has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and is a true inspiration. I love him so much already, how could you not-- just look at that face!

The shower was fantastic. Tina did such a wonderful job at celebrating Harlan and giving everyone a good time all at once. We had so much fun with the whole crew! It had been WAYY too long since I'd seen Cierra. We used to just play, play, play when we were little and I always love a chance to catch up. I'm excited to spend more time with them this summer.
There she is. Cierra, the proud mama. I don't even have words to describe how much I admire her and how she's been so brave for her baby. Super mom should be her title.
We also got to go to Grandma & Grandpa Jolley's graves. I love going there and thinking about them. We left pretty flowers and told Michael a lot of stories about how great they were. Most of my memories are of Grandpa and I feel lucky to be a part of his Legacy. They were amazing people and had some pretty fantastic kids. Memorial Day is such a good reminder of all that I have to be thankful for.
So, how is Oregon so far? FANTASTIC! We are loving it! We love seeing friends and family. We're loving the beauty and even the rain. Michael is hooked and I haven't even had to try. :)
And side note, look at these fabulous cookies! If you cannot tell. They say I LOVE JB. Which of course is referring to Justin Beiber. And then two of Justin himself. Two of our awesome girls from our Sunday School class made these for us along with a super sweet card as a going away gift. MOST TENDER EVER. It totally made my day. They're so awesome!

8 comments:

Kate Curtis said...

Jenni!! I love your blog! I know someone who had a child with the same heart condition. So heartbreaking, but also very inspiring. Those babies and those mommas are so strong!

Kate Curtis said...

*has a child with the same heart condition. Almost 2 months old and still fighting!

Danielle said...

Haha...the beiber cookies. Love it. Um you look SO CUTE in that hat! I love it! And I'm so jealous your in Oregon! And that is crazy cierra has a baby? I don't know why I always think I'm the only one that grows up in life...but I suppose she has too:). What a cutie. I hope he stays strong! Love you tons and miss ya.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahah I love the JB cookies. SO funny. You look so CUTE in those pics! You just have turned into such a beautiful stylish woman. You look so cute in that hat! And you always look so cute in your pics. I'm so glad you were ablet o make it to the baby shower. That's great that Michael loves Oregon- that was easy! Thanks for what you said in my blog- it was really nice- and I'm glad you remember highschool that way! Like I said- Melodairs was one of the best memories in highschool that i have. And I loved our drives from seminary to school. And I loved hearing about everything going on in your and Stephanie's lives. Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

Yay, for Oregon!!! So happy to have you here. I want to watch the Beiber movie with you, add that to our long list.

Emily said...

Ha ha ha, sweet cookies!!!

Love that pic of you and baby Harlan, he's a cutie and so are you! I'm so jealous you got to go to the cemetery...it looks so beautiful there with all the grass and flowers.

I need to get out of the desert more.

Jill said...

Hooray! You made it to Oregon. Can't wait to see you.

Harlan is a sweetie. So sad I missed him at his party.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I thought for sure that I had commented on this post but I guess I didn't! Ok first of all, I LOVE your hat! you totally rock it and look like such a hottie! Second, I'm really glad that you are having so much fun in oregon but I missssssss you terribly!!! third, I love those Bieber cookies! And fourth, that little Harlan is so cute! Such a strong little man!! Love you!!