Sunday, May 15, 2011

Enjoying Spring!

Well, there's been a lot of fun stuff going on around here and I thought I'd share some of it. We are getting really excited to move to Oregon for the summer NEXT WEEK! But, before we go we really want to enjoy our time here with our friends and family because we will miss everyone this summer.
Last weekend we went to Idaho Falls for Grandpa Woodmansee's 80th surprise birthday party!! I thought the whole thing was so awesome. Michael's dad and siblings put the whole thing on and they all came. ALL of his grandparent's children were there and a good share of their grandkids along with ward friends and old friends. I love Michael's grandparents so much, I really do! They are wonderful people. When Michael and I were dating and while we were engaged, even while he was on his mission, I spent a lot of time with them and they are always so welcoming and make me really feel like family.
I got to stay with Anessa while we were there and we had some good old roommate slumber parties. It was SO fun to spend time with her again. I spent most of the time dropping hints that she should move to Provo the MINUTE she graduates!

Michael, his dad, and his grandpa. Love this picture! I love all 3 of those men very much. Really, they are all outstanding people and I feel really lucky that our kids get to have such a great heritage. Grandpa is hilarious because he always tells the same stories, luckily we all love them. Regarding me, it's always about how I must have webbed feet because I'm from Oregon, and how he knew I was the girl for Michael because the first time I came over, they offered me food, and I ate it. :) hahahaha! Niceeee.
The fam. I really always enjoy my time with Michael's aunts, uncles, and cousins. Those Woodmansees are really pretty great.
We celebrated Brooke's 25th birthday. 25th PEOPLE! How can this be? Brooke and I met when we were 19. I love spending every birthday with her. She is so important to me and it was great fun.
Oh yeah, and I cut my hair! Well, Steph cut my hair for me. And I'm very happy with it! I've been telling her for weeks that I want shorter with tons of layers and some color. She did exactly as I asked. It's been long for so long and I was ready for something summery. Steph's the bomb when it comes to hair!
Oh yeah, the color I was talking about, it's purple! I pretty much love it. We made it stick out on purpose in this picture but it's kind of subtle in real life and I love it! I like a little spunk now and then. Don't worry Mom, it'll be gone in a few short months :)
Today, we had a picnic at the park with Steph & Jarom and it was so nice and relaxing. Next weekend is our BBQ with all our friends, can't wait!

So, that's life lately and it has been a lot of fun. It's so nice having Michael at home with no homework to do at night. Speaking of school, we find out on Wednesday if he got into the Masters Program at BYU. CROSS YOUR FINGERS! And as for you Oregon... see you in 1.5 weeks!!

6 comments:

Kelly and Tyler said...

See your pretty face in 1.5 ISH weeks :) :) Carter can't wait :-D

Emily said...

I can see your hair way better in this pic...LOVE IT!! It looks sooooooo good. And I love the purple!

Good luck Mikey!

Courtenay Beth said...

mmmmmmmmmm I LOOOVE the hair, totally HOTT!!! And Oregon summer sounds So fun, I am getting really excited to be there when you are!! I wish John and I were staying the while summer! That would be a dream!!

Whitney Harris said...

Looks like you are having such a good spring! First of all... I love that picutre of you and Anessa! Brings me back to your wedding day when Anessa rolled her ankle and was laying on the ground... bahaha I am laughing at my computer right now!

Cant wait for 1.5 weeks to be here already!!!

ps love that Michael is rocking an Oregon hat!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Okay, now that I see the before and after, I can really see the difference in your hair and I love it! The Woodmansee party looks so fun and I bet Grandpa appreciated everyone being there. Enjoy your week and your picnic, I bet you will miss Steph terribly and all your pals there but hey, sorry! It's our turn!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Ok love the pics, love the hair and i really do love that you guys get to have like the best summer ever in oregon i'm just really going to miss you guys a lot!!! and lets face it, i'm realllly jealous!! ha ha Love you!