Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It's a thankful season, and I'm feelin it.

I'm home :)

It is such a wonderful feeling. Before I go to bed everynight, I pull down one of the scrapbooks my wonderful mother has made for me and I look through it. Talk about a humbling thing. That might sound silly, I know. But when I look through them, all I can think about is how lucky I am to have been raised the way I was. I look at all of those pictures and all I have are WONDERFUL memories! Basically I've just been going to bed every night so grateful for the life I've been given. The majority of all of those memories that I'm so grateful for have a lot of you in them. And as I was looking through them and feeling this way, I honestly thought... I HAVE to blog about this to tell everyone how thankful I am for the part they've played in my life. Don't laugh, but I was totally getting emotional in my bed looking through these pictures of emily helping my with math homework, my siblings and I on camping trips, stephanie and I making disgusting faces at the camera because we thought we were hilarious, danielle and I making up dances, Court painting my toes the night before emily's wedding, my mom with tears in her eyes in every holiday picture, Amy, Steph, Danielle, Emily, and I at the Britney Spears concert, The first time I met Jill- we danced to britney spears together (best bonding experience ever? i think so!), First day of school pictures with the whole neighborhood, Whitney sharing a twin bed with me and 2 of my nieces and nephews, Spending time at the Arnold Beach Haven, Dancing with my daddy at Marc and Connie's wedding, every holiday with the Mitchell's and I could go ON AND ON!!! how is it fair that one girl has been surrounded by so much love in her life? I guess this was a good time of the year for me to be having this realization... after all, it is thanksgiving :)

I'm thankful for you all.

Happy thanksgiving :)

14 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Jenni, you are such an amazing girl. You are so blessed because of the person you are. The fact that you would take the time to look through pages of people you love before you go to bed each night (mostly pages of me, I know) but the fact that you would do that- shows what kind of a person you are. You are grateful, righteous, and I know you do what Heavenly Father wants you to do. You and Danielle are a lot alike in that area- you both do what Heavenly Father want you to do. You are so righteous and people gravitate towards you because you have the spirit, you deserve the blessings you have and will continue to have the rest of your life. I am so grateful you are my friend. I love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

And by the way- thankyou for commenting on my blog. It makes me feel good everytime I read a comment from you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH yeah sorry- one more thing- I want to hang out with you and steph before you take off- what are you guys doing tomorrow in the day? (wednesday) I know I can't take up your whole day because you have lives! But- maybe I could makek soem cookies- and I coudl bring them over- or you could come over- I want to hear everything and all your funny stories! - so- I guess call me- or I'll give you a call tomorrow- I better dress up, cause you guys always make me feel like crap with your model looks. Seriously! Every time I see you guys- you look so amazing!

Danielle said...

Jenni, I love you! Amy's right, you are SUCH a righteous wonderful girl. I KNOW that's why you have so many friends because people just feel good when they are around you. I am so grateful to have you as a friend! I hope you have a fun thanksgiving!!!

Josh and Lauren said...

Jenni Jolley, I am SOO greatful FOR YOU. I really really am. You've been such a strength to me for so long and I don't know what I'd do without your friendship. Thanks for always being there and being a wonderful example. I loved that post. I'm so thankful for everything right now too, things have been brought to my attention more since I'm leaving. :) I love love love every single part of you.

Emily said...

I suck at math...I was really helping you with your homework? I was probably a really good teacher, since you turned out to be WAY better at math than me!

Oh how i love you! I wish I was there to look at those books with you...it's so much fun!

I MISS YOU!

LeAnn said...

Hi Jen, Look how cute and Steph are in the big group pic from Thanksgiving. I am Thankful we have such good neighbors to share our lives with!
Check out my BLOG!!!

Anonymous said...

Talk about Mom with tears in her eye, I am sobbing after reading your blog! I'm grateful that you are grateful that just means so much to me that you appreciate what we as family have tried to do for you as well as all the other people in your life. And I'm sooo glad you love your scrapbooks!! That makes it worth every hour of putting them together:) I am grateful for you and the time we had together this past week. I love you and miss you already.
Mom

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love you Jenni!!! I was so glad you shared that! You have such a wonderful mom and family. I think the last child is so lucky if they have a great family, they get so much love!!! You obviously got a lot of that!!!You definitely have a great mom and how lucky you are that she made those scrapbooks for you!

Jill said...

I'm thankful for you too! It was so fun to spend time with you over Thanksgiving. I'm glad you think our Britney Spears dancing was a bonding experience. That was hilarious. I remember thinking you prbably thought I was a weirdo. Do you really have incriminating pictures of that event? How embarrassing!

Lindsay Noel said...

If only there were pictures of: our late nighters... or our naming jethro, jebidiah, or was it jesse... or when i held you captive so you would stay... or you walking in, in the middle of my Gina fight... or when we bonded next to annoying girl in the car on the way to the caves... or when i got a chemical burn... or anything of us. Im thankful for you!!! You have always been such a wonderful friend to me, and have really blessed my life in so many ways. You are so loyal and will always listen to my pathetic ventings... Jenni I Love you!

Emily said...

I would be most thankful for a new post.

Charlotte and Jared Nelson said...

So I was just thinking that I miss you! You are so freaking cute and have the greatest attitude all the time! I hope that you are doing great and finals are going well!

Collin and Tiffany said...

Jenni I love you!! You are so amazing!! I am so lucky and blessed to have you as such a good friend!