Sunday, October 12, 2008

Adventures in Utah

Conference weekend was great! It's taken me forever to blog about it because last week was busy busy busy, but now my wonderful mom and sister are here, so I have some down time to catch up! I went down to conference with Brooke and Steph. We were so lucky and got tickets to the Saturday morning session. We stayed with my wonderful aunt and uncle Dan and Janeen the first night! It was SO FUN! It was so great to see them. I mean really, they are hilarious and when I'm with my Aunt Janeen, I can see myself. Like I know where so many of my traits came from... I am a Jolley!They were SO kind to let us stay and feed us. Ok so... conference morning... let me paint a picture for you haha!! We had to leave the house at 7:30 because my aunt and uncle live about 25 minutes from SLC with traffic. Well, we got up at 7:05. YIKES! so we didn't shower and left in a hurry hurry hurry and it was POORING down rain! SO, when we got there, we looked like bums who just rolled out of bed and then by the time we got to our seats, we were wet rats. AWESOME!! We just stuck with the theory that the pioneers never showered to listen to the prophet speak, so we were just trying to get in the real feel of things! Below is our beautiful appearance. Good thing we didn't run into the prophet!
But guess who we did run into?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!! SISTER LONI NOCK!!!!!!!!! I love my Lon Don so much!!! I have 5 friends serving in SLC! 4 on temple square and 1 in SLC. I got to see 3 of them and it was fabulous! She was just the best sister missionary I ever did see and it made my day!
After we spent a great day with Brooke's family, we headed on down to Provo to spend the night with TIFFANY AND COLLIN!!!!!! These are FABULOUS people!!! They are 2 of my best friends from here at school and I just love them so much. I miss them now that they're not in Rexburg anymore. They were so good to us! Seriously- SUCH a cute married couple. We had a blast with them and were SO thankful for their hospitality! Tiffany Hilton - I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Now, even though we were having so much fun, we were still enjoying the amazing talks given by our leaders. I was talking to my boss, Brother Tippetts, about how I used to never care about conference, but now I really do. I can honestly say that I look forward to it, and love to hear what guidance they have. I just felt filled and good after I listened. I'm positive that these men and women are called of God and I felt so lucky to be in the same room as them. It was a great weekend and spiritual upliftment and fun with my favorite friends :).

5 comments:

Emily said...

Conference weekends are always an adventure for some reason. One time I went and got lost from my ride and had no idea how I was going to get home.

You girls are so cute and I'm so happy to be sitting next to you right now!!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

cute post mall, besides the fact that we do look like wet rats! But i think that makes the whole thing better!!! I had such a FUN weekend! I really have come to love conferenct too! i used to look forward to it because it meant that i didn't have to go to church and i could just roll out of bed and watch it in my PJ's! haha Not anymore thank goodness!!! Love you!!!

Collin and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad that you were able to come down and go to conference and visit me!! You need a break from school and work and I'm so glad you got it. Love you Love you Love you!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Yes, indeed! You are a Jolley and it's a good thing. I like to think you have some traits from the other side too though. I'm jealous that you got to see Dan, Janeen, Lisa and family, they all so awesome and fun to be with. Good for you taking the opportunity to stay with them, I bet they loved it too.

I love conference too and am glad that you do. You did deserve a break and I'm glad it was so eventful and that you were blessed to spend time with such great friends.

Jill said...

Aunt Janeen is a hoot, isn't she? I love her too.

How fun to see your girlfriend missionaries!

I'm so glad you got to make it to conference. I do miss those days of no kids when I could go to the Conference Center and actually listen. Thanks for your testimony. It gives me the motivation I need to sit down and read my Conference Ensign when it comes to catch up on the things I missed!