Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Bye Bye MySpace, Hello Bloggers!


Ok so I realize that I'm not married, pregnant, moving or anything cool like that... I'm just a regular, 20 year old college student. BUT- I have recently said goodbye to the wonderful world of MySpace (proud steve?) because I just can't seem to handle all the awesome, caddy, ridiculous drama crap that comes along with it... so here I am, blogging. I've been considering blogging for a long time, but I always thought... Everyone I know that has a blog is married and I am clearly not so, I'm definately not allowed in that elite blogging club. But I obviously have somewhat gotten over that because here I am.

As most of you know, I reside in the magical, heavenly town of Rexburg, Idaho and go the BYU-Idaho. I'm not really sure if there is a better place on the planet... except oregon of course. Although, I'm pretty sure that the title "the windy city" was wrongly given to Chicago- that should be Rexburg's name... is chicago called the windy city? I think it is. Anyway, at the moment I have 2 rather large and important tests looming over my head and so far this blogging is doing a great job of helping me procrastinate. I am of course locked up in my room because every latin member of the BYU-Idaho community is always at my apartment speaking spanish at a ridiculously loud volume. I'm telling you.... There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to hear every precious word that comes out of Jim's mouth from the Office because the TV is up all the way, but the spanish speakers are louder!!!! I only with you all knew how crazy it is. I'm totally down with spanish- I mean it's a sweet language, and being latin is radical.... more power to ya- but for real, I don't think there is any better way to show someone you're talking about them than to start speaking in another language... PALEASE.

All I have to say is THANK HEAVENS FOR STEPHANIE! My best friend, Ms. Stephanie LeAnn Mitchell, moved to Rexburg with me this year and I'm pretty sure that whether she knows it or not, she's here to save me! I feel at home everywhere I go, because she is here. Nothing seems too serious or too hard, because she's here. Living college life with her is like a whole new demention to our friendship and we're totally diggin it. There's nothing quite like jumping off bunk beds for a good time in Rexburg, Idaho!

Anyway- I'm new to the whole... blogging and spilling my guts to the world thing, so sorry if this was crazy random, but... basically- i'm going to blog now. yay!

peace :)

13 comments:

Emily said...

ROCK FREAKING ON SIS!!!

I laughed all the way through your blog...that's why I wanted you to get one because you are so funny!!

I love that pic, and I love that Steph is there to make you happy!

I miss Rexburg.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting rid of Myspace. Too many predators on there!!

Danielle said...

YAY! This is sooo fun!!! I'm way excited that your a blogger, it's okay that your not married. All of my friends are friends with you too so it's cool. Maybe you felt the need to get a blog because you are getting married soon and don't know it..eh? Anyway- I'm so glad you are having fun with Stephanie and I understand about the tests. I have 3 whoppers this weekend. ECK. I hate school. I really do. Anyway, you are so cute and fun. We still need to get together. We can't go whole semesters without seeing eachother! That's just not right. Anyway- I love you!!! See ya at fitness classes or something:)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK- I'm so glad you are blogging! And who says you have to be married?! So- do you and Steph live together? I love the picture. Idaho sounds so wonderful. You and Danielle describe it the same exact way. I wish I would have gone to Idaho rather than Utah. I'm so jealous you got to see Court on her wedding day.....!!!!!! Alrighty- I'm glad you're blogging. I love you!

Jill said...

Hooray! Way to procrastinate on your homework and blog so I can keep up with the fantastic happenings that are the life of Jenni Jolley. Your blog will be a welcome haven from everyone else's (including mine) that are full of their cute kids. Sometimes it's kid overload, you know? Now I get to know what's going on in unmarried college world. Yay! You won't even miss MySpace. Yuck.
I love you.
P.S. Sad I missed you this weekend too!

Chad and Jessica said...

Hurrah, I was hoping you would get a blog. I agree with you about myspace, all it's about is how great everyone looks when they go out to drink at clubs, or how many "friends" you have or some other mumbo jumbo....so that's why I got a blog, because it's people with big hearts who really want to keep in touch with people they care about. So, great move, I can't wait to see more funny pics and hear stories.

greg&sarina said...

Jenni! Well, I am married, recently moved, and am pregnant, so I guess I fit your "typical blogger" criteria, but I am so glad to see you getting in on the game too :) When I saw the picture I thought - that looks like Stephanie?! - how awesome that you guys are there together!! :) Welcome to blog-ville.
-- Sarina

the splendid life of us... said...

Jenni,
You are too cute AND funny! Have fun blogging. I am glad you quite myspace, blogging IS way better!
Brenley

Emily said...

See dude...people freaking love that you're a blogger! SWEET PIC!!!

Thanks for sending the email from Mikey...sounds like you've got some competition over there in Taiwan from the crazy! So funny!

Unknown said...

i made one...it's official.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my goodness. When I first got on here I saw the picture of Jim and thought, "Oh wow, her missionary is really cute." Then I looked at the other pictures and realized it was THE OFFICE!!! Oh well. That picture of you and steph WAY brought back old UTAH memories. Ah to be young and single. I don't want to go back, but there were definitely fun times. Very fond memories.

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

I love it love it love it. It's okay you're not married, it gives us something else to think about!!! I love you pic of with your bio. You are soooo cute!!!

Lanette said...

Yeah Jenni! I am excited you got a blog!!! I had one before I was married too, and I think I had MORE to write back then...:)