Thursday, October 11, 2007

Spirit Relay Night!

Melissa, Ashlie, and I all in our pink ready to go get our run on for the 18th ward!
That's my good buddy Thor. Actually we just met, but we're good buddies because anyone who represents BYUI in such a studly manner is my buddy. He's our mascot... i think... i see him everywhere!

Alright everyone... it's spirit week here at BYUI! To some, that means absolutely nothing... but to my roomies and I, it means an excuse to celebrate the fabulous school we attend and just be silly.The spirit rally was last night. Every ward is a different color, and 50 people from each ward run a relay, each person runs a lap around the track. AND- as for the rest of the ward that doesn't get to run, they are up in the stands cheering for their ward. Just imagine a filled BYUI stadium full of different colored wards screaming for an hour and a half as their ward runs a relay. It's a wonderful thing. The 31st ward always wins, they're good... i'm not gonna lie! Married wards even did it too this year... BUT- they only had to do 30 laps! WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?!!! when you get married to you instantly lose your ability to run so you get to cheat?!!!! It sounded a little fishy to me! SO- my ward this year... unforunately = no bueno. They didn't sign us up!!!! My roomies and I were naturally very upset about this. sooo... about 10 of us took it upon ourselves to sign ourselves up. So, we signed up the 18th ward about 10 minutes before the relay and declared our color pink! Now, remember the part about 50 laps??? yeah- we had no where near 50 people so... let's just say we all got our work out last night running multiple laps each! BUt boy oh boy did we finish that relay and we were dang proud of it! It really was SO fun, and it was a nice night and if you ask me, the people from my ward that didn't sign up were misssssssing out!

I don't know when the last time your ran on a track was... but one lap is longer than it looks!!! So I start off sprinting, everyone is cheering and I'm super pumped and the adreneline is goin... then about half way around the track, the smile leaves and i'm like... crap this is no sprint man- i'm getting tired. There are tons of people on the side of the track so I try to force a smile when I run, but I'm really just trying to force the oxygen into my body and breath hard so I have like this crazy "i'm trying not to look tired" look on my face, as I run with my pink pom pom for our baton. hahahaha, it was a comical night.

Yay for college and random crazy stuff that makes me feel like I don't have anything to worry about atleast for an hour or two :)

14 comments:

Emily said...

I wish I could have been your roommate. I don't remember them doing that when I was there. It sounds SO COOL! Did you win the contest for best outfit?

I can totally picture you running and thinking about how far a lap is because that would totally be me. Oh man you make me laugh SO MUCH!
I love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh jenni, I really love your blog. It is such a flashback in a really good way. I haven't done something crazy like that in so long. I honestly have no desire to do that, but it sounds so fun. I'm so happy your young and single and having fun! It's a great time of life!

Josh and Lauren said...

ohhh myyyy goshhh....you are SO radical. I am SO obsessed with the fact that your color was pink!! AND I'm SOO proud of you. Way to make sure your ward was represented. I wish I could have been there to get dressed up with you. Dangit, you guys look great!

Anonymous said...

Good for you Jenni! I'm proud! I just wonder how that hair stood up after the run. You girls look awesome and what a way to have a good time and you should after all that studying.
Love you!

Danielle said...

Wow Jenni, those are nice outfits! I agree with emily- you have to be EVERYONES favorite roommate. It's true. I know it because everytime I went to your dorm that one semester EVERYONE was at your place. You have always been the cool one. I'm glad you had fun!!! I've always heard about those running things but have never had the desire to do it. That track is big. Good job though!

Chad and Jessica said...

Talk about a ball! That sounds like so much fun, and getting into by sporting killer outfits is even better. I completely agree about the length of 1 loop...it's so long, and so hard to pace yourself, I'm sure you were super speedy though. And I LOVE spirit week. I love dressing up in interesting outfits, I always saw spirit week as a way to get away with doing fun things with your wardrobe that you've kinda always wanted to do anyway...but now you have a good excuse and people don't think you're weird, just spirited...anyway...have fun! I hope you post more pics of the costumes!

Jill said...

That's funny that Thor's still around. He was the official mascot when Ricks actually had an athletic program and they were the Vikings. But it sounds like the "Spirit of Ricks" is still going strong. Way to participate! I love how I can hear your voice as I read your blog. You write your personality so well. P.S. One lap is difficult for me too. :)

rose said...

oh i'm so happy you are on here. and you REALLY could NOT be any stinking cuter which means i hate you. and since your sis is only 3 hours away, when you come down, and you WILL soon, i will come over too. and it will be good old times, but good new times instead. i am so glad you are enjoying college life. and tell steph hi for me. and what's your major anyways?

Emily said...

I am so glad that the truck made it on your blog.

Danielle said...

Jenni I just love your side pictures! The ones of you and michael are so cute. I bet you miss him SO MUCH! We need to catch up. Love you!

Megan and Greg said...

You've added new pictures since I last looked on here. First of all, that truck was a major flashback ( I know I always say that ) It reminds me of highschool and Emily. Ok. And that guy! Jenni he is hot stuff! Good for you. And he's on a mission, that makes him even better! Just had to tell you! Oh- and he has good hair. That's also a plus.

Emily said...

Really...there's not a better picture of the two of us? Remember how you like to put up pictures of me that you think are cute but really aren't? Like the one in your room over the summer? I'll email you some that could be a possible replacement.

Time for a new post.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

ok that is freakin aawesome!!! mall i need youe help with my blog! there are so many cute things that i want but i'm just too silly to figure them out! i find myself wanting to spend all my time on here! ahhhhh

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OH MY GOSH- I am in the library right now, covering my mouth with a huge smile- people probably think I'm a freak. That is so hilarious! I can totally imagine it! I would be the same- all excited, pumped, and half way- no 1/4 way through be like- what am I doing?!!! Jenni you are making the best of your college years- I'm so happy for you! You look like you are the most fun person to hang out wiht. and everyone loves you. I'm so happpy for you. By th eway- who is the cute guy on the right? is that michael?