Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Carriage House #211...A Latin Night Club. You MUST be latin to feel welcome here.



Above are the wonderful people I choose to surround myself with :) People with you know... people with manners

Can I get a HOLLER BACK for nice, respectful people and a BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for rude, disrespectful people?!! Since I'm locked in my bedroom forever I can't scream right now so I'll blog instead. Actually, I bet I could scream right now... I could probably scream bloody murder and nobody would hear me, not even through these paper thin apartment walls. Why you ask? BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN MY APARTMENT HAS BEEN INVADED WITH THE WHOLE FREAKING LATIN COMMUNITY OF REXBURG IDAHO. oh my gosh. I do not want anyone thinking I'm rascist or anything... I mean you all know me- I am the opposite of rascist, I'm a very open minded person and love other cultures. BUT- I absolutely cannot handle people that are blatantly RUDEEEEE and never consider other people's feelings. For example, 30 minutes ago my roommate Jen was watching a movie, The Cutting Edge to be exact.. good movie right? And I was making dinner and we were just having nice conversationg. UNTIL... the door bursted open-without a knock, and 5 of my spanish speaking roomies friends walk in. I don't know if you know how incredibly, ridiculously loud they talk. All of the sudden, Jen had to turn the TV all the way up and I think I'm going to blow an ear drum. It gets better. I am cooking dinner... ghetto rolls to be exact.. yay jill and em :) hahaha...anyway- before i Know it, i am being asked to GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR THE SPANISH SPEAKERS BECAUSE THE NEED THE KITCHED BECAUSE THEY COOK AT MY HOUSE EVERY FREAKING NIGHT. ok. seriously? outrageous.

Going to sleep before 1 am... out of the question. They stay over and talk SOOOO loud. Wait- curfew is at 12 you say? oh they dont care about that. Doing homework.. haha... laughable. you try reading and trying to understand the physics of your body during exercise when there's people screaming in your kitchen. SO- i live my life on campus... where I starve. it's a viscious cycle it really is. ok sorry guys. if anyone actually read that. I'm sorry about the crazy picy party I just had for myself.

On the brighter side. I have some wonnnnnnnderful roomates who I relate with very well and laugh with and talk with and just enjoy. If it weren't for them, I'd be sleeping in steph's bed every night... which i wouldn't mind but she might get ticked because I always push her into the wall crack hahaha!

ok... i'm going to attempt to study my notecards.

i promise i'm not a brat- just temporarily frustrated, isn't that what blogs are for?!

14 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Those dresses are SO CUTE and you look SUPER HOT in that 1st picture! Hope the roommate thing calms down. Maybe you should say something. About curfew, about knocking. Those are sensible things to ask for. Nothing weird or outrageous. Do it.

Emily said...

Dude, you are freaking gorgeous! I'm such a proud big sis, but seriously you get more and more beautiful every day and it's a little bit not fair. We have the same genes, right??!

Next...I LOVE GHETTO ROLLS!

OKay, so as for the telemundo crowd, I am so sorry. Do you want me to have Steve hook you up with some spanish phrases that you can use on them? I hate rude people too. I agree with Meg..ask them to knock, ask them to be out by midnight...or at least start to be quiet by midnight, and tell them to stay out of your damn kitchen while you're cooking!

Toe pick.

Chad and Jessica said...

LOL, great comment Emily!

Anywho, yeah, HELLO gorgeous! Seriously, you make me want blond hair. You always look smashing.

As for the roomies....GGGGrrrrrr! I'm sorry. I agree with those bumper stickers that say, "Mean people suck," but I must admit the sticker that says, "who lit the fuse on your tampon?" is pretty funny too. I think Meg and Em have a good point....let em have it girl! And by the way, I love that you put this on your blog, the other week I wanted to talk about these loud, obnoxious people at the gym, but I felt like everyone would think I was whining, but it's not whining it's explaining....and it helps to get it out of your system so you can be happier. Well, I feel for you, and hopefully it gets better, otherwise you should start having big ol parties at your place where everyone has to yell in pig latin. Oetay ickpay!

Josh and Lauren said...

Oh God bless America.....I am soo sorry, but dang girl, you are funny. hahaha. I was laughing the entire time. RUDE PEOPLE can SUCK IT! That's right. whatever IT is. Seriously though, lay down some laws...It's YOUR apartment and you have the right to be comfortable there. Those other people don't pay rent to live in your apt. and you do....right??? So..DO IT!

Your long dress is HOT. I wish I could wear things like that on my mission....but I have to be as conservative as possible. hahahaha. Lucky me! jk jk, I really am excited about Temple Square and you know that.

Have a great day girlfriend. I'm sure we'll talk later.

Love you.

P.S. I am SO obsessed with Emily for saying DAMN! HAHAHA. We'd get along too!

Lindsay said...

Change your locks little cousin... :) What are Ghetto Rolls? Sounds like something I should know about. Maybe move ever single dish from the kitchen into your LOCKED bedroom so that way they can't cook there and will just go to Taco Bell.

rose said...

ugh. no habla espanol either. and i live in northern mexico! and you have aaron to thank for officially naming them "ghetto rolls" way back before jill and darren were even married. i didn't know the name stuck! funny. sorry about rude loud and espanol. do they play their polka music too? that stuff makes my ears bleed. i guess you've just been spoiled in the past! hang in there!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

OK mall i totally agree with the whole rude people thing...HELLO! Look who i live with!!! you know what i'm talkin about!!! anyway im super sorry you have to live with that because i know that when i am there and they are over there....i get the HELL out!!!!!! Sorry!!!! Ok and Second, i HATE that pic of me! it doesn't even look like me and i don't even look excited to be there but i WAS!!! hahaha anyway...no worries! i'll let you have it on there! on the other hand you look GREAT!!!!!! :) Love you!!!

Danielle said...

Okay, first of all, just like everyone says, you are just to die for! I LOVE your dress and your friends dress. And stephanie, if you ever read this- you look gorgeous too so don't fret about the picture. Man, that sounds so intense- the latino gatherings I mean. I agree- tell them that if they aren't going to leave by curfew, they at least need to be quiet. Also, tell them if you can't use your own kitchen, they can give you 10 dollars to go to Fongs. Hmmm...BUT- don't hesitate to whine or complain- I swear that is all my blog is about, and I think that it is nice for all of us to see that we aren't the only ones with problems. Keep up the complaining! I miss you and love you- good luck with the roomies.

Anonymous said...

Funny Jen, We just had getto rolls last week and they were excellent. What is all this cussing going on with my girls,Em,Steph???? Sounds like it is time for a talk with the roomates. Gotta run, love you!

Emily said...

Busted.

Lanette said...

Wow, that is so frustrating. I had some major roommate problems last year, but nothing that bad. You should charge them to use your kitchen. $10 a night, and then you can go out to dinner with that money.

By the way, the pictures of you are fabulous! I love the first one. You're gorgeous.

And one more thing--What on earth are ghetto rolls???

AMY AND MIKEY said...

OK where to begin: That is so rude of those girls! That is awful! I am so sorry! Roomate stories are the best! It's so hard to not share mine right now- but this is about YOU! Man- and the walking in the apt without knocking and pushing you out of the way in YOUR kitchen!!!!!!!!! AWFUL! I'm so sorry. Ok so is steph your roomate? I haven't figured this out yet. Also- you guys are so gorgeous- my goodness. You guys are so so gorgeous!!!!!!!! I'm glad your glad that I'm working at jo-mamma's now. And I can't take credit for jo-mamma's - lizzie started. But I try to act like it is my invention. hehehe.

greg&sarina said...

first of all - we all need the ghetto rolls recipe – well at least I do. Secondly – I can totally sympathize … I agree with everyone else’s advice too. But at least in the meantime it has given you blog-fodder to write about :) have a great day!

Jill said...

Yay for ghetto rolls! It says a lot about me that ghetto rolls are actually one of the best things I cook. Rose is correct. Aaron named them when Darren and I were engaged. But seriously, Jen, these roomies of yours are miserably rude. I hope you've organized a "roommate council meeting." Good luck.