Monday, October 8, 2007

A wonderful weekend and High School Musical... Does life get any better?


This is our awesome bed set up in my living room. You guys should try it, it's very satisfying ;)Seriously- look at what a beautiful day it was! And yes- I'm aware of how awesome my outfit is. It's the free spirit in me.
Stephers with her delicious chocolate waffle :) It's just cake mix in a waffle maker... DELIC!

It's monday and I don't even care because I had a wonderful weekend! Who doesn't love conference weekend? I mean for real. And let's be real here, it might have been especially wonderful for me because the latin posse went to Utah for the weekend.... HALLELUJAH!!!! My other roomies were gone too, I totally love them and they were missed, but I'm not going to lie- it was SO nice to hear silence for once. And to just sit. And to be able to talk to steph without competeing over a million voices. It was wonderful, besides the fact that I"m thoroughly conviced the speakers were gossiping about me in conference.... justtt kidding. But here's what happened- Right after all the new changes and big news in the saturday morning session, my power went out due to the enormous snow storm Danielle reported of :). So uhh, there I am in my jammies at 10 am with noooo conference. and I couldn't watch it on my computer because the battery was dead and there was no electricity to charge the batter. wonderful. I was VERY frustrated because I was really looking forward to conference and watching all of the sessions. So, I figured... this must be a sign that I am supposed to take a nap right now while the apartment is quiet for probably the last time EVER. so I did... and what do you know- the power came back on 15 minutes after conference ended. Ironic?

Anyway,Saturday night, steph and I pulled out our mattresses and watched a little High School Musical 1 with our beds in front of the TV allll ready for conference the next day. It was so blissful 1. because HSM ALWAYS is blissful, and 2. because what could be better than NOT having to get out of bed to hear conference? well, come saturday morning... the wonderful snow storm had our cable down. SO- we packed up our waffle making gear and walked the couple blocks to stephs house. At this point we realized what a blessing the snow was because it was the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY EVER!! The sun was shining, the leaves were different colors, and there was snow on the ground OH, it was wonderful! SO- we made our absolutely DELICOUS chocolate waffels and ice cream and watched conference with stephanie's "sweet Spirit" neighbor boys, if you catch my drift. It was just quite a wonderful experience. You know they "he wrote that talk just for me" feeling. I got that alot, it was great.

Don't worry- the fun DOES NOT end here! After a relaxing sunday, the troops came home... oh GOL. Luckily mondays are the BUSIEST days of my life so I'm not home all day. Class, Lab, Class, Class, Tutor, Kickboxing, FHE. I LOVE IT. Then... brace yourselves, THE BEST PART. I haven't watched High School Musical 2 since I was in Oregon... a whole month PEOPLE! Steph and i watched it tonight and it seriously had me emotional. Laugh all you wish... but don't you judge me until you've watched it. OHHHH It will yank at those heart strings of yours (you actually DO have heart strings, did you know that? I learned that in lab today) Troy is the most beautiful being ever created and he belongs with Gabriella forever. OHHH everything about that movie is to die for. PLEASE- do yourself a favor, watch it! Now, we all know that I have a tendancy to obsess over things (Lance Bass ring a bell?) but i MEAN IT THIS TIME! HSM 2 is a dream come true!!!!!! Those of you who were raised watching Disney Channel Origional Movies as I was... MUST WATCH THIS. It's amazing how good it is. It should be in theaters.

Uh- shout out to my WONDERRRRFUL friend Lauren who just got her mission call to temple square. CONGRATS GIRL! I LOVE YOU!

Anyway- It's bed time, I'm going to attempt to attend my 8 am class tomorrow... wish me luck :)
P.S. how do i add a video from YouTube on here? I want to show you all the wonder that is Troy Bolton, Gabrielle Montez and the rest of the High School Musical gang :)

14 comments:

Josh and Lauren said...

*shout out accepted!!* Holler back for TEMPLE SQUARE! and HSM 2...I'm obsessed!!!! :o) I could quite possibly have the sound track...hahaha. Oh girl, I love you sooo much. You have a great day!!!

Danielle said...

Jenni, you are SO funny. I love that you had cake and ice cream for breakfast and called it waffles. I must admit, I've never seen high school musical. Movies or tv show. I've seen makayla my sister in law watch it a couple times but that's it. Maybe I should try it out sometime. Clay would of course, think I'm insane. That's okay. I'm glad you were able to ENJOY the snow. Once we were safely in IF I was okay, but for a while there I was H-A-T-I-N-G the snow. Oh well. You are such a wonder woman. Kickboxing, I am impressed you are so consistent. I worked out everyday for a week. 2 weeks later I havn't worked out for...well...2 weeks. Ugh. I am going to start again. Anyway, you girls are so cute, we should hook up sometime. I love you!! I'm so glad you're blogging. Oh by the way- look on amy and megans blog, Jake and Lindsay had their baby boy Miles!!!

Emily said...

Yea, I'm with Danielle...just because you used a waffle iron doesn't make them waffles. It's just chocolate cake. Gross.

So, I WILL not tell you how to do a video because I don't want you using your blog for such filth like HSM. Seriously, how do you handle such horrible acting and lip syncing? AGHGHGHAGHAGHAGAH!!!!! I mean, I love cheesy dancing and romances as much as the next person...but...really? Maybe I just need to watch it 5 more times. I"m sure then I'd be hooked.

I love your snow outfit. It sounds like you guys had such a fun weekend. I'm so glad...you DESERVE IT!!!! I miss you, come see me!!!

Chad and Jessica said...

What a fabulous weekend. Now I can't wait for next conference cuz the whole mattress, waffle, and blanket thing got me wanting to do the same thing. Jenni, you're awesome, whatever you're doing, wherever you are, you always seem to be having a blast. Yay for HSM, but I must admit, troy's solo number in HMS 2 is kinda....well...dorky, over-the-top, froofy...I like it, but all his funny jumps and motions make me a little embarrassed for him. I still think it's REALLY good, I mean hello, HAIRSPRAY, LINK LARKIN! Did you know people are saying he's the new brad pitt? ofcourse you did.

Emily said...

Jenni, whenever you read this, will you call my phone...because I can't find it. Actually, wait until after 11 because if it's in Easton's room I don't want it to wake him up. Then I will tell you how to do a video.

On the first movie, they are lip syncing...and they sound horrible! I haven't seen the second one yet because I'm still recovering from the first.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Finally today I am able to get this up and comment on dad's computer. Love the new photos and glad to know you and Steph are being such healthy eaters, that is comforting to a mom.
Love the blog so much, it makes it feel like you are close by, keep it up.

mom

destiny said...

HEy Jenni! I saw your comment to Emily on her blog and thought I would head on over here! The girls and I LOVE both of the HSM's! I told Emily that she needs to watch it with us. She won't be able to help loving it when she see my girls singing and dancing to it!

Oh and you are too cute for words! I'm so glad that you are living it up to the fullest in college, I didn't get to do that, but a part of me wishes I had!

Lanette said...

Jenni, I love your blog. You are so charismatic. It makes me happy, and your pictures are ADORABLE!

Emily said...

sorry dude...my phone died

Jill said...

I am all about watching conference from your bed. How wonderful that you had your house to yourself. Once when I was at Royal Crest, Darren's apartment stole our couches so we just put all of our mattresses in the front room and it rocked. They were mad because their prank didn't work. We didn't want our couches back!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

OK HELLO!!!!!!! Best weekend EVER!!!!! i love love love you mall!!! LOVE the bloggy blog!!!! and thanks a lot for putting that wake up picture of me on there but dang....those WAFFLES were DELICIOUS!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

ok hold up- there is a highschoo musical 2? for real? that is hilarious about confrerence- and your chocolate waffles! haha- I love you guys-

Collin and Tiffany said...

I really love that you guys put out your bed in the living room!! oh i miss those days!! i fear that I will probably never do that again. how sad i know. it'll be okay!! I'm so glad that you have so much fun with Steph. Too bad she came up after I got married... but its okay! I wanna hang out soon with you guys!!

Dad said...

Hey Jenner, those chocolate waffels look good. You'll have to make me some. Life is good here. Mom is in Marysville this weekend.I forge on alone...........
Dad............