Sunday, February 13, 2011

Adventures in Puppy-Sitting

Well, if you know me, then you know that dogs typically drive me crazy. But, I suppose there are exceptions to most things in life. My friend and co-worker, Leanne, got a puppy over Christmas break and the second I saw him he just melted me. The day she brought him in to work to meet me, I went right home and begged Michael to at least entertain the idea of getting one someday. He was a brat at first saying that he doesn't want a dog unless he can play frisbee with it blah blah blah, but then he slowly gave into my fantasy. I hate barking, I hate being jumped on, I hate slobbering, and I hate ugly dogs. But my goodness, this dog is tiny, ADORABLE, doesn't bark, and if he does it's so quiet you cant even tell he's barking, he's such a snuggler, and just the perfect dog for me.Look at him! Couldn't you just pick him up and snuggle him!? Well, his name is Porsche and he is a sweetie. Yes, he is a puppy and currently peeing everywhere. Yes, that includes my carpet. But listen, I wasn't even ticked because how could you be ticked at that face! Yes, he is chewing on things, but he can't really do damage. Here's the greatest thing about him, this is as big as he gets! YES that is what I said! A little harmless doggie, perfect. We just became great friends this weekend. Michael and I really had a fun time with him while Leanne and Craig were in Las Vegas. We went on walks, wrestled, played a mini version of fetch for a mini dog, cleaned up pee, cleaned up poo in our neighbors yards, snuggled, and taught him how to walk up and down stairs. Here's the best part... Michael liked him too :) There are no dogs allowed in our apartment currently, but we won't be living here forever. So, I'm thinking there may be a little maltese-pomeranian in our future.Thank you Leanne and Craig for letting us play with Porsche for the weekend. Goodbye cute puppy, can't wait until next time. You are the only dog I've ever loved.

Are you all in shock? I know, me + dogs = not something I thought would EVER mix.

8 comments:

Joy Boggess said...

you are right, that is such a cute little dog! i don't really like dogs either, so that is saying something! I had to laugh when you said "i dont like getting jumped on, slobbered.." haha. And I love all the pictures you took with it! you are too cute! it makes me want to get that type of dog someday too! maybe... :)

Emily said...

1. Why is every tiny dog I hear about named Porsche?

2. Don't tell Steve he peed on your carpet.

3. Now you're one of those crazy dog people who talks about dogs like children...

4. He is freaking adorable.

Danielle said...

hahhah OH my gosh. I love this. Cute cute dog. Hilarious that you love him!

Chad and Jessica said...

lol

Melanie said...

I pretty much second everythin Emily just said...

Sarah said...

That is the cutest puppy ever! PS your skin and hair look awesome. We need to play before April creeps up on us and I am gone :(

Carol and Bruce said...

I have to admit, he is really cute!

Chad and Jessica said...

okay....whoops!!!

my last comment was just a test, I didn't think it would post, and then I was going to write a real comment, and the phone rang, and I forgot to ever do it. You're probably thinking, lol, WHAT? What's so funny about it? SORRY!

That dog is SOOOO cute. I'm glad you got to find a little soft spot for a doggie in your life. YAY! Very impressive. That dog seriously would be LOW maintenance....unlike ours.....but I still love ours anyway. And Michael is awesome for liking the dog too...Chad only likes "frisbee" dogs...lol. He thinks small dogs are grandma dogs...pish posh!

You look gorgeous. I wish I could get my bangs to looks like that. My bangs are retarded...sorry about being politically incorrecrt, but they are.