Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some Favorite Things

If you've been wondering what I've been up to lately, it's the same ol', same ol'. Work, cook, clean, sleep, repeat, repeat. Michael is hard at work with school and is always so good to give me extra attention on the weekends. So, during the week, I have a few hobbies that shake things up a bit and keep me sane.

First- Exercising with my ladies! Everyday after work I have the GREAT opportunity to show Steph and Eliza some good ways to exercises. We've been at it for about a month now and it has proven to be a total blast! We use the elliptical for cardio while it's cold outside, we do some resistance training with weights, pilates/core work, and when they're lucky- kickbox :). It's such a great release at the end of the day to chat with my girls and get in some exercise. We talk about how we feel like we're in a movie. You know how in the movies, the girls always seem to gossip while they work out? That's so us. I've been so impressed with how tough they are! So, basically watch out for us because we're getting pretty tough! I know we're laughing a lot in this little video, but I promise we get a lot of hard work in. We're usually dripping in sweat when we hobble out to our cars at the end. I've been meaning to take more video, but for now, I just have some from a couple of different days.

Second- Veronica Mars! I have previously posted about my love for Friday Night Lights. Well, now that I am depressed that it is almost over, I have found a new drug, VERONICA ROCKS MY WORLD!
I dare you not to love her. It's impossible. It's about a girl, Veronica Mars, who is the daughter of a private investigator so she's super sleuthy, sassy, hilarious, and completely awesome. Of course there is some romance, drama, comedy, but mostly awesome mystery! It actually gets pretty scary at times! I rush home from my work out, whip up some dinner and settle down for a couple Veronicas every night. There are only 3 seasons and that is nothing short of a tragedy! I'm almost done and I'm very upset. SHE ROCKS. Please, if you watched FNL and loved it, then trust me on this one!

That's life for now! Excited, huh? We like it :)

10 comments:

LeAnn said...

Love the Video!! It looks like you are really working it!! I think I will try Veronica--sounds like my kind of a show!

Emily said...

Sweet video! I wish I could work out with you guys, then I might actually do it!

I do love Friday Night Lights!

Danielle said...

oh man- those work outs look awesome! Ummmmmmmm okay- Veronica Mars...I actually watched that while it was on tv, like as new episodes...but I had to stop cause it would make me so scared/feel creepy! There was this whole rape theme that had me so creeped out. But I know what you mean- I mean, it's a VERY fun likable show...just too scary for me :)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahah love the video! SO funny. But jenni- holy cow- it does look like you guys work out reall yhard! YOWSA! push ups on that ball? yowsa!!!!!! I wish you lived by me to work me hard. And Steph- holy cow- she talks about baby fat? She looks great! I'm glad life is good! love you!

Courtenay Beth said...

BAAAAHAHAHAAA, I love that video, the music, the workout shots, I've told this to Steph time after time, I REALLY wish you were my personal trainer! It looks so fun!!

Okay VM, I heart Veronica SO MUCH! You're on season three, okay, what the Duncan??? Also, did you Ever see that coming at the end of season 2, Beaver?!!!! CRAZY!!!
I agree with Danielle also, it's really scary! Some things are like my worst nightmare, like the last episode of season 1?! Holy Crap! Anyway, Logan, ahh, mostly stud, sometimes not...Mac, so cute, Keith Mars, I LOVE him! LOL, okay we need to chat about this in person!! Love you!!!


And for the record, you girls totally brought sexy back...just sayin...

Lanette said...

Your workout time looks so fun! I love it! I think working out with friends just makes working out so much better. And it looks like you guys do some intense stuff!

Chad and Jessica said...

That workout looks so fun! How nice to have a space completely to yourselves. I know you're such a stud at your job....it's just obvious! You're awesome

Anessa said...

I love this! I wish I could jab-jab cross with you ladies! haha.

Also I need to get into Friday Night Lights! If you guys all love it I am sure I would too.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

awwwwwwwwwww yeah! We are totally bringin sexy back!!! hahaha That video was so awesome! You caught us at all our really glamorous times! haha Love it! I LOVE working out with you girls at the end of the day! I'm going to miss Eliza soooooooo bad!!!! And yes, I do love V Mars! Gonna watch some tonight! Boooooooooo YA!!!! hahhah Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

Love your fun video, working out with a friend is the only way to go! I'm so glad you find fun things to keep you busy while Michael is busy and to rest from working all day.
Love and miss you