Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 16 of the 30 Day Challenge

Day 16: A picture of someone who inspires you.

My Sisters. My 3 sisters all have such different stories, life experiences, and effects on my life. Sometimes I wonder if they know that I remember everything about each of our relationships from the time I was very little. I remember playing with Melanie's hair when she came home from college and thinking she was so beautiful and so cool. I remember thinking Tina was the coolest mom for little things, like taking Cierra and I out to get hot chocolate in fancy cups that made us look grown up. I remember Emily letting me make cookies with her, and letting me just sit and listen to her and her friends talk and gossip after school and thinking I would absolutely NEVER be as cool or have as many friends as her. Now, that I am older, and have lost track of who has more friends between Emily and I, I love them for those same reasons, but for so many more. Melanie continues to hold the title of: "The person with the biggest heart I've ever met". Just even the way she speaks is kind and when I'm feeling snotty, I try to chanel my inner Mel. Tina has a way of making people around her feel comfortable. Even when I've gone years without seeing her, the second I'm in her presence, I can chat with her like it's only been a day. The little girl comes out in me and I feel so happy to have got some Tina time. Emily and I were the last ones left at home and she quickly became my best friend since she was the one there when I came home from the dreaded days of middle school. To this day, I secretly try to be her.

I am so thankful, and pride myself in the fact that I have these 3 as role models. Talk about words of wisdom, these 3 always know how I feel because between the 3 of them, they've been there, done that. I'm certain that my personality is a mixture of them 3. I've been told that many times and I see it myself. Being the youngest has serious perks.

7 comments:

Josh and Lauren said...

I really love this! This has been so fun to learn more about you Jenni!! Maybe I'll start this cute 30-day challenge. :) Xo.

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I too often try and channel my inner Mel!
She is amazing :)

Danielle said...

I can just see your mom crying reading this post :) haha. So sweet. Having older sisters is the BEST! Seriously- we learned so much before having to go through it ourselves...the youngest position in the fam ROCKS!

Emily said...

It's funny because I remember thinking the same thing about Mel when she would have her friends over! She was always so nice and let me hang out and be with them and I thought they were the coolest!

Cute post, sisters are THE BEST ever. Even though you're the youngest, I look up to you and admire you too!

Oh man.
Crying now.

LOVE YOU!

Melanie said...

Thanks for the tears today Jenni! I think we all look up to you too! I hope one day I'll live up to what you think of me! I love my sisters too!

Carol and Bruce said...

Danielle had me pegged until I read her post and now I'm laughing out loud with tears rolling down my face. I just got my make up on for the day too.

I don't know what could bring me more joy than to know that my daughters love each other, learn from each other and try to emulate each other. Sisters are one of lifes greatest blessings.

Carol and Bruce said...

I forgot to mention how you can look exactly like each one of them on a given day.