Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 19 of the 30 Day Challenge

Day 19: A picture and a letter.
I have hundreds of letters I could post between Michael and I while he was on his mission, but those are all in Oregon. So I decided to change this one to a journal entry rather than a letter. This is the first picture ever of Michael and I. It was the 2nd time I'd ever met him. It was the weekend of Valentine's Day 2006. We met a couple of days before this, and he came over on this special day because we were having a birthday party for Loni. This picture cracks me up! We both look so silly, but it was an awkward moment. We had just met and were taking a picture together haha! What ended up happening this night was we never left the couch we are sitting on here. We talked throughout the whole party and movie after the party. On the actual DAY of Valentine's Day and Loni's birthday we went out to dinner as a group and here is my journal entry from the next day...

February 15, 2006

"Valentines day was fun! It was Loni's birthday so a bunch of us went out to dinner and I mean a bunch of us. It was Me, Mahonri, Jessica, Melissa, Brooke, Tommy, Natalie, Steve, Kacie, Mallory, Tiffany, Rebecca, Mikey, Lauren, Josh, and Loni. We really had so much fun. And the whole day was great and everyone was just giving each other valentines and loving each other! I like a boy. His name is Michael, but I call him Mikey! I met him through Lauren-they went to high school together. Anyway, He's way cool and totally my type. He dresses good, and has a great sense of humor, he listens to good music and is so cute and way nice. So- here's the deal. I just thought he was cool at first, but I have a crush on him now. But, I have no idea what he is thinking- uh! It drives me nuts. I actually lean towards he doesn't like me like that. Which is okay, he's a cool friends, but I wish it could be more."

Michael and I look back at this all of the time and talk about how we both were crazy about each other but were afraid to say anything because of the upcoming mission. Thank goodness he finally budged! My journal entries are hilarious! I was so silly, but I am so thankful I have them. I wrote in my journal faithfully throughout our whole relationship, including his mission and I am so grateful to have it documented.

4 comments:

Amy McFarlane said...

jenni that is so cute! you have to show that to your kids!

Emily said...

Oh man that is awesome! So good that you have all that documented...i love that! I remember when you first told me about "Mikey". To this day I always want to call him that.

You guys are so cute!

Jill said...

That is so sweet. What a great picture too!

Josh and Lauren said...

OBSESSED!!!!!!! I love you guys! So so much! :)