Thursday, March 24, 2011

Family Filled Spring Break!

What a week! What a wonderful, wonderful week. This last week I got to see Mom, Dad, Jason, Megan, Kevin, Darren, Jill, Erica, Emily, Steve, Carly, Easton, Aunt Janet & fam, Aunt Ila and Uncle Val, and Grandma. It was the greatest! It all started because Jason decided to come out here for the kids' spring break and I am so so so grateful they made that decision. We stayed here in Orem for a couple of days, then we went to Beaver, and then everyone else went on down to Vegas. This post is full of pictures of the people I love, the fun time we had, and stories that you don't have to read but are welcome to :). This is mostly just to document and share with the people who want to steal pictures. But you are all welcome to look and read!
Goodbye picture in front of grandma's house. There is no other house on the planet like it and I love every second we get to be there. It never gets old to hear about my mom's childhood there and imagine my grandma there. It was so wonderful to spend time with Jason & family again. Catching up was way overdo and it was so great!
I started the weekend at the Dinosaur Museum with the Rogers. It is seriously adorable how much Easton loves and knows about dinosaurs. That place is really cool! I loved it! And also, half of the fun was hearing how much Emily knew also haha! She could name ever dinosaur!
Baby Erica. I love you. This is the first time I got to meet her and I love her so much! She is so perfect. She is smiley, snuggly and BEAUTIFUL! I didn't get nearly enough time with her and I cannot wait until next time.
Bridal Veil Falls. Love this pic! I wish you could see Easton's pirate bandanna in this picture!
JUMP ON IT! I'm so glad that the kids loved jump on it as much as we do. Kevin has some serious skills and the rest of us just like jumping around.
Megan & Kevin's first time in grandma's house. They really know how to make everything look exciting! Now let me brag about these two. I hate that we live so far away from each other. I love them so much. We have so much in common, meaning that we're all really silly and have a great time joking around. Every couple of years they come visit me, and it's like we've lived close together, we just catch right back up. Their parents have done a fine job with them because they are the only teenagers that don't make me afraid to have kids. Jason, thank you SO MUCH for bringing me my niece and nephew.
Carly sucks her thumb and plays with her button!!!! I cannot get over it!! When she is old enough to understand how monumental this is, we will bond BIG TIME!
I love my grandma Fern. She is so fascinating, funny, smart, and adorable.

I love my family so much and every chance to get together is more than welcome. I missed everyone else so much. It's so hard to get everyone together, so the fact that half of us were there was a miracle. Thank you EVERYONE for traveling to visit. It was the spring break that I truly needed. Here is a quick video of the fun. For all you guys who were there, I plan on making a longer video, I'll post it for you to see when it's done :)


5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man, this is just what I needed because Jason, Megan and Kevin just left and I'm so sad!!! What an awesome mini-reunion we had and I never wanted it to end!!!!!

Love the pics and the video!
Love you, thanks for everything!

Josh and Lauren said...

This is just AWESOME! Sounds like a FANTASTIC Spring Break! Lucky lucky you!

*Stephanie Lance* said...

I love this!! The pics and the video are just awesome! I'm so glad you guys got to get together for this little reunion! And ALL of those kids are SO cute!!! I can't believe how much Carly is JUST like you! Sucking her thumb and playing with her button?!? Awesome!! Love you!

Carol and Bruce said...

That was fun to see. It seems that I take less and less pictures so I will be glad to have those and the video was great. Such a fun time, why does it always fly by? Thanks again for all you and Michael did for all of us.

Jill said...

Wow. Tons of fun! Sooooo glad to see you and introduce you to Erica. Love the pics and video. Looks like you showed Kevin and Megan a good time! I love the pic of them in Grandma's kitchen. They're so stinking cute.